Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Cookie Pops

I love to make tasty and pretty treats for holidays and this is one of my favorites that I made for a friends Halloween party. This is a really simple and fun recipe that will sure to impress your friends.
Pin It


 Ingredients:
1 package of Oreo Cookies
8 oz Cream Cheese
14 oz Dark Chocolate Melts
Orange and Black Sprinkles

Materials needed:
Food processor or blender
Mixing bowl
Wax paper
Cookie Sheet
16 Lolly-pop sticks
Ribbon (optional)*

Steps:
1) Put cookies in a food processor or blender and blend until fine crumbs.
2) Mix together the crumbs and soften cream cheese until well blended. I used my hands and kneaded it like dough.
3) Next make 16 balls of equal size. I cut the cookie mixture in half and did this until I had 16 pieces. Then rolled each piece in my hands until round.
4) Place cookie balls on a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
5) Right before the 30 minutes is up it is time to melt the chocolates. There is two different ways to go about this. You can use a double boiler (a pan with water and then a bowl on top) or use a microwave safe bowl. I went with the microwave way and it worked great. Just put the chocolates in the bowl and cook for 30 second intervals mixing after each until all the chocolate is melted. It takes about 2.5 minutes total.
6) Once this is done it is time to start making the pops. Take out the balls from the freezer and place a stick in each of them. I found it helpful to dip the tip of the stick in the chocolate first before sticking it into the cookie balls.
7) Lastly, dip the pops, one at a time, into the melted chocolate until covered completely. Shaking off any excess chocolate. At this time, while the chocolate is till warm, you are going to want to put on the sprinkles on and then place back onto the cookie sheet. After they are all covered place in the fridge until its time to eat them.
*On a side note if you want to dress them up a bit you can make bows out of ribbon and tie them onto the sticks but I suggest you do this before you put the sticks in the cookie balls.

~Stay tuned for other holiday pops. I have great ideas for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment